Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get Haiku®?
The Haiku Project provides downloads for current official releases of Haiku® on their Get Haiku! page.
Where is Haiku swag to buy?
How do I get my logo on the donors page?
Listed below are several break points for large-sum donations. Feel free to contact us, prior to making such a donation.
- $1,000 - $4,999
- Your name & website URL will display on Haiku, Inc.’s “public sponsors” page.
- $5,000 - $9,999
- Your name, website URL, and a logo of 250 x 150 pixels will display on Haiku, Inc.’s Public Sponsors page.
- $10,000 and greater (also known as the “$10K Sponsor Club”)
- For donations of $10,000 and greater, an additional 175x175 logo will be rotated daily on the front page of both www.haiku-inc.org and www.haiku-os.org for a full year. This logo will link to the URL provided.
- Each $10,000 equates into an additional entry in the rotation schedule, which updates the displayed logo daily. For example, if Company Foo donates $10,000 and Company Bar donates $20,000, the rotation schedule will be : (Company Foo, Company Bar, Company Bar)
Why aren’t development contracts a high priority item in the yearly budget?
At the moment, there are several limitations that relate to hiring contractors. This includes having a minimal payout rate and more importantly having someone within the project, who is able to work for an extended period of time with such a low payout. Due to this, we cannot guarantee that a certain amount of money will be used for development contracts in a given year. However, there is always the hope that it can happen and the intention to help make it happen.
How was the goal for the piggy bank determined?
The piggy bank’s goal is what we hope to spend in the current year. The filled portion reflects the amount that has been raised in the current year. In addition to the regular donations, any possible monies from programs such as the Google Summer of Code™ will be included. Often, this will be larger than the budget.